Skip to main content
logo in banner
phone icon
Main office
graduation cap icon
stick pin icon
3524 42nd Ave S Minneapolis 55406
clock icon

Student & Family Resources

community resources.jpg

Mental Health Resources
(Recursos de Salud Mental)
(Ilaha Caafimaadka Maskaxda)

Child Crisis Services

1. Hennepin County Services (Servicios del condado de Hennepin) (Adeegyada Gobolka Hennepin)

  • Addressing Your Child's Mental Health Needs. Can help with: getting your child assessed for their mental health needs, helping identify options regardless of your insurance coverage or ability to pay, and options for case management services (ongoing support). 
  • Ongoing Support (Case Management). Case managers work with parents to support children with serious mental health issues. They create a plan for a child's social, emotional, health, school and vocational needs. 
  • To contact Hennepin County about either of these services, call the front door at 612-348-4111 OR email them at

2. National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)

  • Refer to the following resources if you or someone you know is in crisis and in need of immediate assistance (Consulte los siguientes recursos si usted o alguien que conoce está en crisis y necesita asistencia inmediata) (Tixraac agabyada soo socda haddii adiga ama qof aad taqaan uu ku jiro dhibaato una baahan gargaar degdeg ah):
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Dial 1-800-273-8255
  • Throughout the state of MN, call: **274747
  • Crisis Text Line - available for free, 24/7: Text "MN" to 741741
  • The Trevor Project: Dial 866-488-7386
  • Minnesota Farm & Rural Helpline: Dial 833-600-2670

Adult Crisis/Resources

(Crisis de Adultos / Recursos)

(Dhibaatooyinka dadka waaweyn / Khayraadka)

1. Hennepin County Services

  • Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP). This program can connect you with help to meet your family's urgent needs and support you in reaching your goals. Assistance may include support for: basic needs, financial needs, and your family's health. To be considered eligible for the program, you must live in Hennepin County and be pregnant or have at least one child the age of 10 years old or younger. 
  • Apply via this fillable application online and then print the forms, or this printable application to hand-write your application. 
  • Spanish-speaking families may find the Spanish fillable application and Spanish printable application here. 
  • All applicants must also fill out these two forms: form one and form two
  • Email forms to OR fax documents to 612-677-6450. 

2. Minneapolis Adult Mental Health Crisis Response - Hennepin County (Respuesta a crisis de salud mental para adultos de Minneapolis) (Wax ka qabashada dhibaatada caafimaadka dhimirka ee dadka waaweyn ee Minneapolis)

  • In the event of a mental health crisis, you can call 1-612-596-1223 to speak to a professional on the phone. 

3. Urgent Care Clinic for Adult Mental Health - Ramsey County

  • Open Monday-Friday, 8 am - 9 pm and Saturday-Sunday, 11 am - 3 pm. 
  • The clinic is located at 402 University Ave. E. St. Paul, MN
  • Dial 651-266-7900 to call the clinic. 

Food Resources
(Recursos Alimentarios)
(Khayraadka Cuntada)

1. Second Harvest Heartland 

  • Locating your local food shelves here. (Localice sus estantes de alimentos locales aquí.) (Halkan ka hel khaanadaha cuntada deegaankaaga.)
  • Locate dining sites for free, healthy, prepared meals here. (Sitios para comer gratis en Área de Twin Cities.) (U hel goobaha cuntada bilaashka ah, caafimaadka leh, cuntooyinka la diyaariyey halkan.)
  • Find a list of upcoming free produce distributions here. (Distribución gratis de frutas y verduras.) (Halkan ka hel liiska qaybinta wax soo saarka bilaashka ah ee soo socda.) 
  • Sign-up for or use the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to get free meals and snacks at a meal site closest to you. For kids and teens 18 years and younger. Locate your site here
  • By following this link to their website, you may also find many opportunities to apply for other food assistance programs. 

2. Meal sites to locate food at during the summer (Sitios de comidas para ubicar alimentos durante el verano) (Goobaha cuntada lagu helo xilliga xagaaga):

  • Download the app "Free Meals for Kids" on your phone/electronic device if accessible. (Descarga la aplicación comidas gratis para niños en tu teléfono.) (Kala soo bixi codsiga cuntada bilaashka ah ee carruurta taleefankaaga.)
  • Dial the "211" hotline. Or, if you're in the Twin Cities Metro area, dial 651-291-0211. If you're in the greater Minnesota area, dial 1-888-543-7709. 
  • You can call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151. 
  • Text the word "food" to the number 304-304. Spanish speakers, text the word "COMIDA" to 304-304. 

Community Organizations / After School Options
(Organizaciones Comunitarias / Opciones Extracurriculares)
(Ururada Bulshada / Ikhtiyaarada Dugsiga Kadib)

1. Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities (Boys and Girls Clubs de las Ciudades Gemelas) (Naadiyada Wiilasha iyo Gabdhaha ee Magaalooyinka Mataanaha ah)

2. Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (Junta de Parques y Recreación de Minneapolis)

Housing Resources
(Recursos de Vivienda)
(Agabka Guryaha)

1. Emergency Shelter (Refugio de Emergencia) (Hoy degdeg ah)

  • Shelters are still operating and there is space. Most family shelter rooms in Hennepin County have individual apartments and COVID precautions and procedures are in place.

  • Information on Hennepin County Domestic Abuse shelters can be found here. (Puede encontrar información sobre refugios para víctimas de abuso doméstico aquí.) (Macluumaadka ku saabsan hoyga xadgudubka guriga ayaa laga heli karaa halkan.) 

2. Emergency Housing Options

  • Call the Metro Shelter Hotline at 1-888-234-1329
  • Families looking for shelter, call 612-348-9410
  • Follow this link to their website with more information and numbers to call (Siga este enlace a su sitio web con más información y números para llama.) (Raac xiriirkan si aad u hesho macluumaad dheeraad ah iyo lambaro aad wacdo.)

3. Bridge for Youth - Shelter Options

  • Need immediate help? Text the number 612-400-SAFE or call the number 612-377-8800; available 24/7
  • How to find out about room availability: call crisis line at 612-377-8800, text the number 612-400-7233, or download the app "YSNMN" for real-time updates on availability
  • The Bridge is located at 1111 W. 22nd St., Minneapolis, MN

4. Lutheran Social Services - Services for Housing Assistance (Servicios de Ayuda a la Vivienda) (adeegyada kaalmada guriyeynta) 

5. Mediation

  • If you need help jump-starting a landlord-tenant conversation, or getting the details of your agreement ironed out, call the CMRS housing hotline at 763.561.0173 or the Conflict Resolution Center at 612.822.9883. Mediators are part of the Tenant Resource Center team and can help you connect to additional resources.

Contact Us
Are you a current student/family of the school? No Yes
Preferred method of communication
Phone Email

Thank you for requesting information. We will respond shortly.

3524 42nd Ave S Minneapolis 55406
Main office
return to page top icon